Monday, November 22, 2010

PlayStation Rewards

PlayStation Rewards is in beta now, were you invited into the program? I’m a PlayStation Plus subscriber, so like many I am in the beta trying to reach the next tier. How does it work? Supposedly it works by rewarding PlayStation’s “most loyal fans for doing what you love”.  So, when we play a new game, or buy anything from the PlayStation Network we are suppose to earn progress towards our next level. If you’ve been on the PlayStation Rewards forums, you have heard the confusion about the progress bar and when does it show progress; why hasn’t my progress bar moved at all whiles others are already at “Select” status?! Well, I’ve asked the same exact question many times in these past few weeks. It is a beta, so I’m expecting little quirks and hiccups. That’s perfectly alright. The greatest thing is that representatives from PlayStation.com named PSRewards are listening and reading every post and even replying. I am sure this will become a really cool program, once we work through all the kinks.
Now, I wanted to talk about reaching those upper Rewards tiers. What the hell do we have to do to get some progress showing on our Rewards’ page?! I’ve been playing Medal of Honor, Fallout: New Vegas, Vanquish, HAWX 2, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, and just started playing Apache: Air Assault, bought Motorstorm 3D Rift, and the type of progress I believe that to carry has not showed up on my Rewards’ page. Do any of you gamers feel the same way; like you know you should at least be at “Select” level by now, showing off with the pretty cool avatars? I have a buddy on my friends’ list that reached “Select” this past week. Now, why he does buy almost every PSN game out there, I know for a fact that I am logged in each and every day for hours playing something or walking around HOME, but still no real progress that I can see. I read that progress shows after two weeks, so maybe I just need to be more patient. I apologize, that is not my strongest trait. Maybe, it has something simple to do with the calculations and something not totally right with the progress meter itself. PlayStation will fix that, no doubt.
I just wanted to see if I could get some of you to leave in the comments what level you are and how you feel about the PlayStation Rewards program itself. Like I said, I think it is a pretty cool program; tracking and grading us like the government aside! No, just playing…  
Leave a comment, tell what you think of the program, how is your progress going, what are you playing, and who you are. The 1st 50 individuals to comment I will randomly pick one of you to win a $20 PSN card!

No comments:

Post a Comment